Thursday, July 10, 2008

Lagoon!!

My work had our Lagoon Day(s) this week and we went yesterday. Lagoon is an amusement park with a water park inside about an hour away from our house.

Rattle Snake Rapids is a water ride that is similar to whitewater rafting. The car that you sit in is round and moves down the "river" with what seems like a mind of it's own. There are waterfalls and rapids and people can also shoot you with water gun type things from the observation deck. It's impossible to not get wet on this ride.



We got soaked!!!!
Me, Camden & Kenna went on the kiddie roller coaster.

The kids loved the train ride! The train goes through an area with animals, kind of like a small zoo. There were tigers, cougars, an ostrich, camels, deer, kangaroos and lots of ducks.








Time to take a break and have some lunch......hotdogs, Doritos and lemonade!
After getting clean faces, we were off to ride more rides. We took the stroller for the kids to ride in but Kenna liked pushing it instead. She is little miss independent and pushes your hand away when you try to help her steer(she forgets to watch where she's going).


We went to the water park and, of course, the kids loved it! They love anything that has to do with water. Camden had a great time going down the smaller water slides. Kenna had fun too but she was getting cold so she and I went in the tube and floated in the "lazy river". I knew she was tired so I was hoping she would fall asleep while I was holding her, and she did. I didn't want to chance the camera getting wet so I don't have any pictures of the water park.

After a long day in the sun, a melt down is inevitable.



We went on a ride that you can move the car up or down while it is going around. There are dolpins along the perimeter that spit water at you. The first time I got wet and the second time Kenna got really wet! I was laughing pretty hard because I was trying to keep us out of the water but it kept getting her.


We went on the Sky Scraper which is a huge ferris wheel with gondolas. Even though I hate heights, the view was pretty nice. There is a wheel in the middle that you can use to make the gondola spin, lucky for me, Matt doesn't like to spin.

Kenna wasn't too sure at first.




It was a very long day in the sun that was packed with lots of fun. The kids didn't stay awake long once we got in the car.

No comments: