This past weekend was a lot of fun.
Friday night Matt & I went to see Hancock. I had only seen the preview once or twice and it really didn't spark my interest so I wasn't all that excited to go. We dropped the kids off at Jenn's and made it to the theater at 7:50 for the 7:55 showing. Normally there wouldn't be a chance in hell to get tickets to a newly released show on a Friday night, especially that late. However, if you add in the fact that The Dark Knight was released on Friday, then we had a chance. We were able to get our tickets, popcorn and drink and find a decent seat by the time the previews started!
Megaplex does reserved seating, which in my opinion is incredibly assnine! People just sit wherever they want so it's just an exercise in futility. I knew about this because one of the girls that was in treatment with me worked at The Gateway theaters and talked about it.
Just to make sure, when we walked in, I glanced over to where our seats were supposed to be and it looked like they were occupied. No big deal, we just found some others. But wouldn't you know. After the previews started, some dumbass walks up our side and stops at our aisle. Matt asked me if I had our tickets and as I was trying to figure out where I put them, I commented something about not being stupid, people really don't sit in their "reserved seat". She must have heard me because she said not to worry about it, they would just sit in the seats in front of us.
Anyway, Hancock turned out to be a really good movie.
After the movie we went to Iggy's and had appetizers and drinks on the patio. It was nice to just get to sit and talk without having to worry about what the kids were doing.
Saturday morning we went over to Jen's to watch the kids while they were at work. We just hung out at the pool and relaxed. Okay, so I don't know if relax is an appropriate word. Not exactly the easiest thing to do when you are watching 4 toddlers all under the age of 4.
The kids had fun though.
No comments:
Post a Comment