Yesterday we gave my mom a surprise party for her 60th birthday. We have been planning this since May and she had absolutely no idea. She thought Melissa was just having a house warming party. I seriously can not believe we pulled it off without her not having a clue.
She seemed to have a great time catching up with friends and family she hasn't seen in a while. I had a great time talking to our friends Mindy & Cindy. Cindy was one of my first friends when we moved into the house I grew up in. I forgot how much fun we have together. We've been friends for about 30 years. Holy Shit!! 30 years......I kinda feel old. We all had a great time reminiscing though. I realized how much I really suck at keeping in touch with people.
Matt wasn't able to go, he is really sick. I don't think I've ever seen him this sick before. He almost had me pick him up from work on Friday because he was so sick. He stayed in bed all day yesterday. He is actually taking medicine....and he didn't golf on Friday. The man is sick! At least he has a couple of days off to rest. He can't seem to get rid of his fever for an extended length of time. He has a horrible cough. It sounds really dry, like his chest is tight. He said his throat doesn't hurt.
1 comment:
Saturday was GREAT. I had NO idea whatsoever. I have pretty cleaver kids and boyfriend. I guess Steph isn't the only blonde in the family now that I think about some of the things and conversations!!! It was great fun to see everyone. It was soooooo fun. Thanks to everyone that was there that reads this.
I am sorry that Matt is so sick. It is a good thing that you took him to the dr. Get better Matt. Staying home is the pitts. Trust Kenna to come up with that saying. See, she fits right in with me and my thoughts!.
Luv ya all
Post a Comment