Thursday, August 7, 2008

WTF

First...yes, I know I haven't blogged in a while....sorry. I'll update soon.

On to business.....
So, I have to go back to the dr for my prescription refill soon. Oh...when I called to make the appt, they asked how many refills I had, one? two?, three? ONE was all I could reply. Three???? Why in the hell would they ask that? And why would I have three?

Anyway......so the same thing is happening that did last year. I'm starting to become more irritable, stressed and depressed. Last year he upped my dosage. Great, it worked. When I was in treatment one of my therapists said that with this type of medication the dosage usually increases every year because you become immune to it or something.

Well, I swear it has had an effect on my memory, or maybe it's just a side effect of my ed. But I prefer not to think it's the latter. So I decided to google it to see what the side effect are.

What do I find.......you shouldn't take more than 450mg of this medication if you have experienced seizures or an eating disorder. Hello! EATING DISORDER?!?!?! Um, pretty sure that's what I went to treatment for. And why did nobody know about this? My therapists, phsychologist, physciatrist(whatever the hell that asshat was) and my prescribing dr, who by the way did my exam and ekg so I could go into treatment.

"You should not take Wellbutrin if you currently have, or formerly had, an eating disorder. For some reason, people with a history of anorexia nervosa or bulimia seem to be more likely to experience Wellbutrin-related seizures."

For some reason....??? WTF am I taking? And another lovely side effect.....aggitation. Hmmmm. That sure does explain a lot!


Maybe I'm just over reacting and shouldn't research things late at night. I'm not going to lie....I'm kinda worried about this little piece of information I found.

I really am sick of taking medication. Maybe I will look into Lucinda Bassetts program.

1 comment:

Chelsea Pickup said...

Oh my goodness that is ridiculous!! I am so sorry your having to go through this. Hopefully they can get you some kind of different medince that doesnt have such a high risk. Good luck